Discount Fuel offers over 30 years of oil delivery and burner service on Long Island. Discount Fuel is a leader in offering the consumers the best price possible on Heating Oil/BioFuel.
If you have any questions or concerns about BioFuel please email us.
Now that the NYS Legislature has mandated that all Heating Oil contain a Bio blend Discount Fuel has been diligent in making sure that you get the best Qualified Heating Oil/BioFuel (B20)available. Qualified B20 is fuel that meets the ASTM D6751 requirements.
At the bottom of this page is a downloadable NYS Claim for Clean Heating Fuel Credit where now you can receive a 20 cent per gallon tax credit on all of your purchases of B20 from Discount Fuel.
- Health problems as a result of emissions exposure are also greatly reduced by the cleaner emissions of biofuel. According to the American Lung Association Biofuel emissions are 90% less toxic than petro-diesel and will reduce incidents of health hazards such as asthma, emphysema and lung cancer.
- Biofuel is domestically produced. Biofuel benefits American farmers, American businesses and the national economy. Job creation, new markets for domestic agricultural products and keeping our energy dollars domestic are just a few of the many economic benefits gained by using biofuel instead of imported petroleum diesel.
- Biofuel is a renewable fuel source. Unlike fossil fuels, biofuel is made from vegetable oilseed crops grown in America, which replenishes the market annually with renewable feedstock.
- Biofuel is rapidly biodegradable and non-toxic. Biofuel handling and use is far less damaging to the environment than petroleum fuel, and is particularly superior in the event of a spill or leak.
- Biofuel can be stored anywhere that petroleum diesel fuel is stored. All diesel fueling infrastructure including pumps, tanks and transport existing trucks can be used with biofuel.
- Biofuel can be used alone or mixed in any amount with petroleum diesel fuel. A 20% blend of biofuel with diesel fuel is called “B20,” a 5% blend is called “B5″ and so on.
- Biofuel has superior lubrication quality than that of diesel fuel. It increases engine life and can be used to replace sulfur, the acid-rain-causing lubricating agent in petroleum diesel.
- Biofuel is safer to transport. Biofuel has a high flash point, or ignition temperature, of about 300 degrees F compared to petroleum diesel fuel, which has a flash point of 125 degrees F.
- Engines running on biofuel run normally and have similar fuel mileage to engines running on diesel fuel. Auto ignition, fuel consumption, power output, and engine torque are relatively unaffected by biofuel
- Biofuel has a pleasant aroma in comparison to the toxic smell of petroleum diesel fuel.
- Biofuel is recognized by the EPA as an alternative fuel and is the only alternative fuel that has successfully completed Tier I and Tier II Health Effects Testing under the Clean Air Act and meets clean diesel standards established by the California Air Resources Board.
- Biofuel saves money. Engines running on biofuel have been shown to need less maintenance. Also, biofuel use allows federal fleet managers to keep existing equipment on the road longer and still adhere to new, stricter emissions standards.
See the studies and learn more about this great fuel at: www.biodiesel.org.